April 18th, 1692
What in God's name is this?! This is utter bullshit! Those despicable girls—Ann Putnam Jr. and Mercy Lewis—accused me of practicing witchcraft! Those lying, deceiving little... Maybe they're right, though. In my fit of rage, I failed to see the obvious – it's Martha's fault. Her evil witchcraft that she practiced in the house left residual traces of black magic on my person. Yes... that's exactly what I'll tell them during my examination tomorrow.
I may be a crazy old coot, but at least I'm well-minded enough to understand that these "witch accusations" are nothing but a bunch of snotty brats feeling angsty. The public buys into their contagiously macabre games, blows it out of proportion, and look at the result: I get accused of being a bloody witch! I swear, there will be hell to pay...
I may be a crazy old coot, but at least I'm well-minded enough to understand that these "witch accusations" are nothing but a bunch of snotty brats feeling angsty. The public buys into their contagiously macabre games, blows it out of proportion, and look at the result: I get accused of being a bloody witch! I swear, there will be hell to pay...
--Giles Corey
I agree with you! These girls are committing sins, and for some reason the whole town is like putty in their hands. Do not feel as if anything that transpires because of them is anyone's fault but those girls. They are liars and they need a good switching...
ReplyDeleteI was accused by these two young, immatures girl as well. I am innocent! I do not deserve to die because of some young, immature ladies.
DeleteThis town is filled with liars! When I see you in court, Giles, we will state our right to live! Curse these weasels in Salem!
ReplyDeleteThose girls are my friends and they are right, witch!
ReplyDelete