Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bye Bye Martha

19 March 1692

Today, an arrest warrant was sent out for my overly-pious witch-wife, Martha. Good riddance, I say... That woman has not permitted me to do a single fun thing since we married. Hmph. She, my main source of annoyance over the past two years, will finally be put away, just as she deserves. Will I miss her? I might... but the one true woman I love is not Martha, but rather my young, adventurous life as a criminal. She changed me into somebody who I am not, and that is unforgivable. Hmph.

--Giles Corey

5 comments:

  1. Giles, remember God's teaching
    Genesis 2:24
    Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
    Since you have sinned against your wife you have sinned against yourself. I am Praying for you.
    G.B. ✞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad, but that woman has been nothing but a nuisance to me. Maybe I should rethink the events that transpired...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although your wife may have changed you cannot jump to the conclusion that she is a witch! There are many explanations for this type of behavior and no one can trust these young girls accusing anyone they see.

    ReplyDelete